While working on an upgrade from vSphere 4.1u1 to vSphere5.0, I ran into the following error when I got to the upgrade manager portion of the upgrade.
Error 25113.Setup failed to generate the JRE SSL keys.
If you do any sort of googling for this, you’ll find people that suggest looking for openssl.exe and renaming it temporarily. I didn’t have openssl.exe so that wasn’t going to work. Another person gave the old windows “fix” of just reboot the box. Guess what, that didn’t work either.
In the end, the fix was pretty straight forward. Remove the old Update Manager install and do a fresh install of the update manager. Pretty painless and works like a champ.